Updated: Nov 22
Many times my eczema patients have a flare during stressful times and come asking what can they can put on their skin. While creams from the doctor like Betnovate do work they can be suppressive. Most people coming to see a homeopath are looking for something more natural, and even organic to put on their skin to go alongside their homeopathic treatment.
There are plenty of natural and organic creams on the market but which ones actually work for that intense itch and parched dry skin of an eczema flare?
Not every cream will be good for everyone, but over the years I have asked lots of eczema sufferers what really works, and they should know! In no particular order, the top recommendations are:
1. Dead sea salt or sea salt in the bath.
2. Porridge oats in the bath (put them in a sock and tie it round the taps)
3. A homemade rub of olive oil and shea butter, & even a little lavender oil.
4. Hope's Relief cream
5. Egyptian Magic cream.
7. Nom Nom baby and mother skincare.
11. Weleda Skin Food
15. Creams made with cardiospermum halicacabum such as the Hydrosil brand.
16. And my new favourite... Balmond's Eczema cream range. It soothes the itch so well!
If you're suffering from eczema or other skin issues then please get in touch or make an appointment. I work internationally via Skype/Zoom and face-to-face in Brixton, London, UK.
BOOK A FREE 15 MIN PHONE OR SKYPE CONSULTATION HERE.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only and not intended to replace the advice of your physician or health care provider. First aid situations may require medical or hospital care. Do not use this article as a means to diagnose a health condition. Speak to your doctor if you think that your condition may be serious, before discontinuing any medication that has been prescribed for you, or before starting any new treatment.